Halo: Spartan Strike coming to Windows and Windows Phone later this year
Give Skype Qik a try
Share from File Explorer in the Windows 10 Technical Preview
Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
Roku rolls out screen mirroring beta for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices
Lenovo announces YOGA 3 Pro & YOGA Tablet 2
Project Spark launches for Windows 8.1 and Xbox One
Lumia 530 coming to Cricket Wireless and T-Mobile
Keyboard Shortcuts in the Windows 10 Technical Preview
Flipboard comes to Windows Phone
As a casual Halo gamer, I have a lot of fun and don’t care that I am absolutely awful at it. I love playing Halo 4 on my Xbox 360 with my best friend and really look forward to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One. And of course Halo: Spartan Assault continues to be one of my favorite games for Windows and Windows Phone. As you can imagine, I’m pretty stoked about today’s announcement for Halo: Spartan Strike!
Halo: Spartan Strike is a brand new a touch-based top-down shooter Halo game coming to Windows and Windows Phone on December 12th. Halo: Spartan Strike includes a compelling new story that is set during the events of Halo 2 on New Mombasa in 2552. You play as a Spartan leading UNSC troops on over 30 challenging missions through cities and jungles using an all-new arsenal of weapons, armor abilities and vehicles including the iconic Warthog. You battle against the Covenant and Promethean forces in order to protect Earth from being overtaken! Sounds fun, right? Halo: Spartan Strike also features amazing new graphics and improved touch controls.
Here is the list of game features to get excited for:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Pick and play through shared progress between your Windows devices via Xbox Live (or between PCs/Tablets on Steam via Steam Cloud)
- Complete weekly challenges and take the top position in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
- Take control! Choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately and only on Windows devices).
Look for another post from me when the game is available in December.